Sunday, October 17, 2010

MetroBoy Part II

Maybe it's simply that the best things happen from the oddest beginnings, but I might have to start calling MetroBoy Mr. Perfect.  But that's getting a bit ahead of myself.  

Pumpkin carving was a blast.  So, fortunately, having two fabulous big strong male roommates, I felt comfortable enough inviting MetroBoy over to my place even though I'd only met him for the few short minutes on the metro.  

He came over, and we sat on the porch and talked while carving pumpkins.  We got to know each other, and MetroBoy is incredibly smart, hilarious, adorable, kind and super hot.  He even got his MBA from one of the Ivy Leagues.  Who would've thought.  We drank with the roomies, went for a walk, and when we came back, my roomie's girlfriend, let's call her Eagle, had found a dog outside and brought it home.  So, MetroBoy and I went walking around the neighborhood posting fliers for the dog.  It was late in the evening and Eagle had planned on taking the dog home and posting fliers the next morning, but MetroBoy was worried that whoever had lost their dog would be worried overnight and thought we should post a few fliers sooner. 




MetroBoy spent the night; no, we did not do the nasty, but, more importantly, I found a cuddler!  

The following day, a Sunday, he called me at 8:30 in the morning, and we decided to meet up and study.  He had to prepare for an interview the next day for a better position in his company.  So we met at Metro Center and walked around for a while, stumbling across one of the best coffee shops in D.C.  


The woman who owns the coffee shop and her husband were absolutely adorable and we ended up chatting with the two of them for probably 15 or more minutes.  They were wonderful and the dessert that MetroBoy bought was as well.  After studying (and catching him watching me study a few times) we explored some of the sights of D.C. that I had yet to check out.  It was really just a wonderful time.  

So, MetroBoy called on Monday and then on Tuesday (he'd invited me to take a salsa dancing class with him, but I was too busy with schoolwork) he was in my area and convinced me to let him come over for "20 minutes," and then I could finish my homework.  It certainly wasn't 20 minutes, and needless to say, I wasn't very prepared for my classes the next day.  But it was fun.  So, we've by the time Friday rolls around, we're talking or communicating by email / texts quite a few times a day, and we were chatting on the phone and he let slip, without really being aware of it, the words "my girlfriend."  

We hung out yesterday - we went to a bookstore and then my other roomie's girlfriend's bday party at the Madhatter bar in DuPont - and he referred to us first hanging out as a couple weeks ago.  It was actually last week.  So, we've went on our first date one week and two days ago, and things are going faster than they ever have with anyone else.  

But for the first time, it doesn't scare me at all.  If anyone before him had ever called me - intentionally or not - his girlfriend after less than a week, I'd have been up and running faster than you could say "I don't think so."  But for some reason, this one's different.  I feel like I'm floating on water when I'm with him, for the first time in my life I don't mind PDA, and I'm just legitimately 100% happy all the time.  

I feel like I've entered the life of someone else.  That I've become one of those sappy love-struck fools that make me gag.  But I don't really care.  

And, I no longer miss the boy who made my heart ache in Oregon, let's call him Cobarde; he's all but a distant memory, a fading thought from just over a week ago.  

I can't wait till the next chapter of Mr. Perfect and I.  

1 comment:

  1. So, I have to say that I love that he even introduces himself as "the boy from the Metro". More posts!

    ReplyDelete